Friends of Egerton is a group of parents, school staff and community members who meet every term to arrange fundraising activities for the school, its pupils and their families.
· School discos
· Film Clubs
· Bags to Scho
· Designing greetings cards
· Christmas Fayre
· Summer Family fun day and BBQ
· Talent Shows
All of the money raised by Friends of Egerton is used to benefit the children through purchasing additional resources. Recent purchases include:
· Additional books for the Early Years and Key Stage 1 Reading Scheme
· Netball posts for Key Stage 2
· Contribution towards Installation of Junior librarian software in the new school library
· Playground markings
· Contribution towards the Outdoor Canopy
· Netball skorts for our school team
· Outdoor play equipment
· Contribution to the Outdoor Classroom
At Egerton School we have benefited from the support of many parents over the years and the monies raised have enhanced our children’s learning and helped make their time at Egerton fun and stimulating.
For this to continue we need the support of parents who help in a variety of ways. Some parents attend PTA meetings on a regular or occasional basis whilst others offer a small amount of time to help out with an event, e.g. helping to supervise a school disco. We appreciate that not everyone can attend meetings and events. Some parents decide to make an annual donation to the PTA fund instead.
Updates on meetings and events are detailed in the weekly school newsletter so please get involved and let’s continue to improve our fantastic school!