Admission to Primary School September 2021


Special Educational Needs

  • If your child is undergoing an Education Health and Care Assessment you will still need to complete an application for admission. For further advice contact the Inclusion and Statutory Assessment Service on 01204 338653. Schools directory (for OFSTED reports and performance tables)

Transferring between Primary Schools

Bolton Council is responsible for co-ordinating admissions into all schools for those families resident within the Bolton Metropolitan Borough. This includes

  • Children wishing to change from one school to another within the borough
  • Children who have arrived into the borough requiring a school place
  • Children wishing to move from an independent school into a school maintained by the Council
  • Children resident int he borough but requiring admission to a school in another borough.

If you live in the area of another local authority then you must make an application through the school admission team for that authority.

Is there an application form I need to complete?

The application form that parents / carers are required to complete when requesting admission to a new school can be found under the downloads tab of this page together with guidance notes. You must ensure your child’s continued attendance at their current school whilst your application is being considered however it is recognised that for families who have move into Bolton this may not always be possible. You must, in such circumstances, inform the Head Teacher of your child’s previous school of the arrangements you are making.